Our long-time colleague Ajpub’ Pablo García Ixmatá has given us a report on his activities since returning from the congreso in Valladolid. Workshop themes have been Epigraphy for Beginners, Maya Calendars, and the topic Thirteen Bak’tun.
Participants have included:
- 100 men and women Maya leaders in Chichicastenango, El Quiché.
- 150 community and village leaders from Cunen, El Quiché.
- 20 columnists from the written press.
- 20 columnists from TV Maya.
- 125 Tz’utijiil leaders including Ajq’ijab and Iyomab’.
- 1500 teachers of the Teachers’ Union of the Department of Sololá.
- 1300 Kaqchikel, Tz’utujiil and Spanish–speaking students from the school district of San Lucas Tolimán.
- 40 students from the INGEP, University Rafael Landivar.
- 60 students from the EDP course at the University Rafael Landivar.
- 70 men and women community leaders from Zacualpa, Quiché.
The list of total participants counts up to 3,385 individuals touched by this one man since the Congreso de Epigrafistas Mayas!